CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Yellowstone

My trip to Yellowstone was amazing! It was a very different kind of vacation for me sice I am usually not an outdoorsy person but I had the best time and I have never seen so much beautiful scenery in one place! Each time I turned around there was another awe inspiring view!
The trip started with flying into Jackson Hole, Wyoming which is an airport with only one, yes count em, one baggage claim and we had to get off the plane right onto the tarmac and walk into the airport(which was a very different experience for me!) Then for the first two days of our trip we were in Grand Teton National Park which is located right outside Yellowstone. The Grand Teton Mountains were the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen! Unlike most mountains, the Grand tetons have no foothills, so they appear to rise right out of the ground, making them look very "Grand" indeed! Here are a few of my favorite pictures that I took of these mountains, enjoy!



The next 6 days I was in Yellowstone where we stayed in a log cabin! We did lots of driving around and sightseeing and saw tons of animals....lots of buffalo, some deer, sheep,a bear, elk, and moose. We did some hiking to some various spots that had amazing views, took some boat rides on Yellowstone lake, and did a horse back ride through the mountains! I saw old faithful and many other geysers...and amazing waterfalls...here are some more of my favorite pictures(It was so hard to pick only a few!)

7 comments:

rachel said...

these pictures are beautiful! yes, we should go on thursday to find great photo capturing spots! I can't wait! The reflection picture is my favorite! I am so happy you had a great time! I wish I could've fit in your suitcase!
And on Thursday we'll be pro photographers and tell people were taking pictures of them for a magazine! hahaha! (:

Sweet Bird said...

Those photos look fab chick, great job. Here's a fun little fact: The Grand Tetons mean "Large Teats" in French. Odd, huh?

We sure miss having you guys out here in Cali!

Sweet Bird said...

hey, you might want to enable 'captcha' to get rid of all the spam commenters. It's under customization.

rachel said...

i love the new photos you have added! looks really beautiful!

DeniseinVA said...

Hello, just popping in to let you know how much I enjoyed your blog. Your photos are lovely. I especially enjoyed the ones on Yellowstone as I was there with my husband last year and these brought back some wonderful memories. Thanks!

Texas Travelers said...

My favorite National Park. We spent 6 days there and it wasn't nearly enough time.

Great photos. Don't you love the traffic jams the buffalo cause when they stop on the road. They do it on purpose just to watch all of the tourist jump out of their cars with cameras in hand. (grin)

Nice shot of old faithful and the painted pool.

Troy

Kerri Farley said...

Oh My! These are absolutely beautiful! Fabulous shots!!!!